Monday, January 2, 2017

The Marvels by Brian Selznick . Review

I was thrilled when this book I had on order came in for me at the library. I have read a few books by the author in the past and loved all of them . Brian Selznick is the only author who is capable of making me get a lump in my throat from illustrations alone. The first half of the book is purely illustrations created by Brian , and they are breathtaking . I spent days ( yes days! ) looking at this awesome book. 
About one third of the book is an actual book with words and it carries on where the pictures stopped . A picture can tell you a lot , and these pictures really do as you are fully up to date with the plot by the time you get to the words. It's a genius way of putting a book together! Those of  you who may have read books by the author in the past will not be disappointed by this incredible book. I can only imagine the amount of work that went into making this beautiful book . 
Below is a link to this book on Goodreads :

No comments:

Post a Comment