Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Fire Child by S.K Tremayne. Review


The writing in this book is beautiful and the plot is haunting , if you loved Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier then I think you will really like this book . The story begins with a fairly new marriage and a large country house in Cornwall with a tragic past. The main narrator is Rachel she is the second wife of David who's ancestors owned the grand house they live in . David has a child called Jamie that belonged to him and his deceased wife Nina who's name is still frequently used in day to day life . Although we never meet Nina while she is alive in the story it almost feels like she has the most presence in it, her life and personality made such an impression that she is almost still alive and the large oppressive house almost has a pulse too.
Rachel has quite a private past so when we learn more about her it makes her an unreliable narrator , you just don't know how much to trust what she is seeing and hearing. The handsome enigmatic David feels very dangerous and I did not know just how much to be wary of him from the beginning as something seemed very off. When I read Jamie's scenes I felt very uneasy . The entire story left me jittery and uncomfortable , I finished this in one sitting as I had to know what on earth happened here and what was going to happen , there was so many secrets that is was a very moreish read. I can't recommend this highly enough. 

I received this book for review from the lovely people over at Lovereading.co.uk
This book is being published in June 2016 and will be available from Lovereading and all other good bookstores then. 
Below please find a link to this book on the Lovereading website:

No comments:

Post a Comment