Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Secret Place by Tana French. Review

Wow! What a book!  I am a fan of Tana's books and so when I won this one here on Goodreads I was thrilled. Tana is back with a story about a dead boy, a school full of secrets and a cop in need of a leg up in his career . It's been a while since I was at school but the complex relationships of school girls came back to me reading this and we see a darker side to young female friendship and the secrets they hide and things they do and talk about. I think Tana got it spot on the way young girls behave when together making this story very believable. One of my favourite characters is Detective Stephen Moran, he needs a step up on the career ladder and when the body of a young boy is found it could be the opportunity he needs. Working alongside his female superior Antoinette Conway who is as charming as a pit bull chewing a wasp is often comical when we read the banter between these two characters . If you want a nice big book full of juicy secrets to sink your teeth into ,that has plenty of red herrings and terrifying teenagers , then this is the book for you. Excellent!!!!!!!!


I won this book on Goodreads . 

This book is due to be published August 2014 .


No comments:

Post a Comment