Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Girl From Station X by Elisa Segrave. Review.


The Girl From Station X was a very interesting look into a mother's life through the eyes of her daughter and the diaries that she had written. We get to see Anne during many stages of her life and she experienced a lot that made interesting reading. I had been to a lot of the places mentioned in the book so reading this was extra special for me being able to picture where she was .
Anne travelled a lot in her life and had a very interesting work life in the famous Bletchley , she enjoyed life and family and friends but seemed to be a woman of many contradictions. Tragedy and illness were to touch Anne's life and it was sad reading about those moments but it gave me a very full view of a life from being a young woman to when she got older. Elisa's struggles with her mothers behaviour, and the lack of love she received from her come across very strongly and they have remained with me long after I have finished this book.  



I kindly received this book from Lovereading.co.uk for review. You can find this book on their website below .This  will be available for purchase from March 2014 on Lovereading.co.uk and all other good bookstores.

http://www.lovereading.co.uk/book/8902/The-Girl-from-Station-X-My-Mother-s-Unknown-Life-by-Elisa-Segrave.html

No comments:

Post a Comment