Sunday, January 5, 2014

Best Book Bits of 2013

 Between the lines was just so awesome. A book that created the idea the characters in books have lives of their own when we are not reading them . Awesome!!!!!!
Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan. This was so wonderful that I cannot keep from raving about it to everyone. Great characters and great setting. I loved everything about this book and have it on all my devices and in audio. Love it!!
 The secret garden. A Beautiful story and this edition is stunning by Penguin.
 I had no idea how much I was going to fall for this author's writing style. Thee old emotions hit me hard when I was reading this.I would urge you to read with a box of tissues in case you end up blubbering away like a baby like I did . I was emotionally connected to this story , some of the characters I worried so much about that I had to stay up just so I would know what the outcome would be.. Needless to say I adored it and will be reading everything this author writes from now on.
 This is visually stunning. The sweet story told in words and pictures is adorable and I like to face it outwards on my book shelf so others can see how gorgeous it is. It is a short story that you will finish in no time and is a book to cherish.
 As soon as I heard the description of this book. A Vampire Librarian........ How could I resist!!! Love it
 This is wonderfully entertaining and moreish. Morgue Mama is a cranky sod with a heart of gold and a wicked sense of humour.
 Love love love!!
 This cover looked wonderfully retro. Mr King is so wonderful at writing that I am never disappointed .This book was great! I could not put this down. I loved the main character! That is all!
 J K Rowling gave us all a great boost in the form of this new mystery series . This was a great start to a series.
 Pride and Prejudice...Ohhhhhh I will be gushing about this for years. This earned its place on my favourites shelf.
 Sweet, cute , get it!
 Loved this sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! Do yourself a favour and order this from your library or buy it for a treat. It's really special xxx
 Another gem! A series I fell head over heels for during my love of all things Jane phase that I am still kind of going through.
 You guys know I love Sue Grafton! This book was soooooo good , Sue never disappoints! Sadly we are getting near the end now....How will it all end I wonder!!!!I am hoping all my favourite characters will live so after the series is over I can still imagine them carrying on with their make believe lives doing what they do best...
 A lovely Christmas book. This Christmas is over but you may want to add this to your book list for to read next December.
 Mad About You by Sinead Moriarty.Wonderful book that will give shivers up the spine of any married woman.
 A Night on the Orient Express. I am a fan of Veronica Henry anyway and this was just as awesome as I was expecting it to be.
 This was sooooo good. I won it on Goodreads and then last week went on to buy the next book in the series. Department 19 was awesome and for fans of Bram Stoker you may want to check this book out!
The Spooks Revenge was the last book in this series by Joseph Delaney and if you want a young adult series to begin then I would say start with book one and enjoy all 13 books this series has to offer. You will not be disappointed.
 
If you are looking for a great cosy mystery series then the ones I have loved most in 2013 are below.
I will try and put just one book for each series!
 Laura Bradford An Amish Mystery Series
 Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl... It all started with Beautiful creatures ...This is a series not to be missed.
 Karen MacInerney if you would like a series that combines cosy island bed and breakfasts and a good mystery ......
 Erika Chase..If you would like a series that combines books and mystery.....
 Diana Killian..If you would like a series that combines yoga and mystery....

 Ann Brashares.
 Molly Harper.. Vampire Librarians.....You know you want to read all about it!!!!
 Joseph Delaney..
 Wendy Jones...Funeral home series.....
 Maureen Reynolds... Love it!Combines Secretaries and mystery very well.
 Denise Swanson. A Scumble Mysery Series. School psychology and mystery in a small town. More awesome then you even know. This book had me in tears!Book 2 in the series.
 Stunning book, title, cover!
 Rhys Bowen. A Royal Spyness Mystery series
 Cleo Coyle. Coffeehouse mystery series
 Another series by Denise Swanson. Dime Store Mystery Series
Patricia Cornwell. Kay Scarpetta series

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting all these wonderful books. I look forward to your fabulous post for 2014 and more of your reviews. Happy New Year. To one Darcy fan to another, all the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Lexie. Wishing you a wonderful 2014 !! I am really looking forward to even more Austen bookish loveliness this year!!!

      Delete
  2. Great list Edel. I've just ordered "Mr. Penumbra" because of your praise and that of my friend Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to love this sooooooooo much!!!

      Delete