Thursday, November 14, 2013

Book Funks And Reading







It's been one of those weeks guys when no matter what book I pick up I have put it back down again.
It's not the lovely books fault I just can't get back into the swing of it. It will pass I know but the waiting sure is annoying.
This is the time of year I tend to read the most , when the nights get dark early and the fire is on and getting cosy with a good book really cheers up the long cold evenings.,
I have been contemplating trying to read a different genre for a while to see if that jump starts the my book lust ...we will just have to see if that works.
It is the time of year to start considering what to get loved ones for Christmas.. I try and always give a book in my parcels. For two reasons. To support my favourite authors and to urge people to read, especially little people who I think can sometimes gain the most from books. I remember when I was introduced to an author through a teacher we had standing in for another teacher.
Oh he was awesome! If we got our work done early or did good work that day he would read to us and the books were by Roald Dahl. I fell in love instantly! ooohhhh Roald Dahl and illustrations by Quentin Blake they were the stuff dreams were made of us far as my young heart were concerned.
That evening when I got home from school I knew what I wanted for Christmas. ALL his books!!!
Christmas morning all the Roald Dahl children's books were there and I could not have been more pleased. Christmas night I stayed up late reading my very special books. I was so happy!

There is always some books under my tree each year but for a book addict like me I seldom receive books as I guess most people think I would already have any book they were thinking of getting me.
Nothing pleases a book addict more then a book gift. I don't know about other book lovers but I love when I receive a book if the giver puts a little inscription, it's a lovely way of remembering who gave you a book and when. I have some sweet inscriptions in books that I cherish.

So what I would like to know is are you guys planning to give a book to someone for Christmas or what ever holiday you celebrate? Also,do you like to receive book gifts? Do you like your book gifts inscribed? Let me know in the comments xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment