Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith .Review.

There was a lot of excitement in my house when I learned that Joanne Rowling had published a new book under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith.. I was so excited as I am a huge fan of detective stories and this book really had me as soon as I saw the cover. (Excellent cover by the way)
Our main character Cormoran Strike , wounded in the war and now a detective in London has been asked to look into the suspicious death of a young woman who plummeted to her death  in the city.
If you love detective's then Cormoran is going to be right up your alley. His leg has been damaged through war and he lives in his office most of the time.. He is not great at looking after himself and is probably his own worst enemy in a lot of ways but the more vulnerable he seems the more you can't help but love his character and you really want him to sort himself out....saying that I do like my detectives a little rough around the edges.
The characters in this story were awesome , J. K writes characters soooo well , you really can't help but like them all. There were a few especially that I really likes such as Strike, his secretary and one of the main characters surrounding the victim. As a detective story this had everything I could have asked for and I can't wait to see more books featuring Strike. I am hoping that his secretary will be in even more scenes in future books as they are quite the team together!

No comments:

Post a Comment