Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sense and Sensibility by Joanna Trollope. Review.

I love a re-telling.. When I knew I was getting this gorgeous book, a Jane Austen re-telling, I was very excited!! It has been a while since I read Sense and Sensibility so before starting this I went back and read Miss Austen's version so I could remind myself of the story.
This book was such fun reading about the characters that I know so well brought  into the modern day world where I thought the characters were really well portrayed in present day and the essence of the book was not too altered. Joanna did a wonderful job of this retelling and I had a smile on my face many times during the  reading of it seeing these characters put into modern day situations . My favourite characters were still as lovable and the likes of Fanny were still as horrid I am glad to say and the story was very engaging and hard to put down. This is a must read for any Jane Austen fan who enjoys a re-telling. I am definitely a fan! Well done Joanne!

I received this book for review from the kind folks over at lovereading.co.uk. Below you can find a link to their website where you will be able to learn more about this book, read more reviews and a free excerpt from the book.
This book will be released in October from Lovereading.co.uk and all other good bookstores.
 http://www.lovereading.co.uk/book/9084/Sense-and-Sensibility-by-Joanna-Trollope.html

No comments:

Post a Comment