Thursday, September 26, 2013

Murder Of A Bookstore Babe by Denise Swanson

First of all can I say I love the covers of the books in this series!
Skye is back in this book 14 in the Scumble River series and it is very exciting as there is a bookshop called  Tales and Treats opening up in town. Yay!!!!Unfortunately not everyone is happy about that and the new owner is getting a lot of grief!!!
Skye is our main character and she is a really nice , good character but she is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in . Each of the books in this series have these moments of complete tenderness that they really take your breath away and give you pause for thought. This book was no different in that respect. I have read book 1 and 2 in the series and then jumped to this book and if I had to do it again I might go back and read the series by order but I could not resist the fab cover... I am a sucker for a gorgeous cover especially a fab bookish one like this.
This storyline was awesome with this story and I was pleased to say I did not know what the outcome was going to be. The book never dragged at any point and the characters both new and old were just as great as I hoped they would be.
I would say to anyone who has not read any books in this series that if you want a series with a great lead character ,awesome plot, good and bad guys in a great setting then this might be the series for you.
 P.s It is really interesting seeing what school psychologists jobs really entail.

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Bookstore-Babe-Scumble-Mystery/dp/0451232801


1 comment: