Monday, April 8, 2013

Climbing The Stairs by Margaret Powell


This is the follow up book to Below Stairs by Margaret Powell. I have not read the first book yet but this book turned out to be a lot more comical then I expected it to be. Margaret is a wonderful Narrator who is not shy in telling you about her life and marriage amongst other things. Margaret is very witty and I  imagine it would have been fun knowing her in real life , her thoughts on marriage, dating, work, work mates, contraception etc are interesting and she tells you about each topic with good natured humour and it feels more like listening to a dear friend then reading about a stranger. After reading this I can't wait to read Below Stairs. This was a non fiction book that I do recommend to anyone interested in working class life in the early 1900's .

No comments:

Post a Comment