Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


This is an enchanting tale about a caster girl called Lena   and a boy named Ethan who both live in the town called Gatlin. Ethan believes he knows everything about the town he is from and  all the residents there but this is going to be the year that changes all that. The town of Gatlin has a lot of  southern charm and nosy neighbours that are interesting and engaging, you get a real feel for the place even though you are only reading about it. many times it was very easy to daydream my way there. The story is told from Ethan's point of view mostly and it is told very well .Ethan loves books and while I was reading  this book I was very envious of the description of the town library that he visited a lot, Especially one particular part of it.  I do love when a character loves books and reading and libraries, it makes them easier to relate to.  The story is part love story , part tragedy, add a curse and well there is plenty to sink your teeth into. My personal favourite part of the book was between Ethan and Lena and the times in the library. The plot was easy to follow but kept me on my toes, I really did not want the story to end, thankfully there are other books in the series so I wont have to leave these characters for long. I recently saw the film too and can really recommend it. Now on to book 2!!! ........(runs off to fetch the next book in the series , in audio).

No comments:

Post a Comment