Friday, February 1, 2013

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry


I have two editions of this book ,the paperback ,and the audible version read by Jim Broadbent. Both wonderful and very hard to put down.
Jim Broadbent was the perfect person to narrate this book, from the very first moments of the story his voice had me glued to the spot where I was listening to the story. Mr Broadbent's narration was incredibly touching , within the first ten minutes of the story I had a lump in my throat . The inner dialogue of Harold is often heartbreaking ,I found myself holding my breathe at times as we got glimpses into his own past and that of his marriage to Maureen  and their child David.

I got a lot more then I bargained for from this book! What started of as a journey to help a friend became so much more as soon as he began ,this pilgrimage was going to make him look at his life ,past and present ,the choices and mistakes he made too as he keeps putting one foot in front of the other.
I would recommend this to everyone who enjoys a story that they will not want to leave.
Keep the tissues handy,you are going to need them!
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17119855-the-unlikely-pilgrimage-of-harold-fry

No comments:

Post a Comment