Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Le Bal by Irene Nemirovsky Review


This  was the first book I had ever read by this author and I have to say I did enjoy it!
This novella has two different stories between it's covers. The first story" Le Bal" is about a very young woman of 14 who decides to get her own back on her mother in a spectacular fashion. It was  an excellent short story that left me feeling slightly uncomfortable at the end ,I was also relieved the character of Antoinette was fictional.
The second story is called "Snow in Autumn", a sad story about a servant who follows her masters to Paris where life is almost as hard as the war torn country that they had just fled. The descriptions of the areas they were in, and Autumn were beautiful in this very short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment