Friday, February 15, 2013

A spoonful of Murder by Connie Archer Review

 


***Spoilers***

I loved this book!! Why you ask?
Well,let's see.... The setting for a start- A Restaurant in  Snowflake,Vermont during the snowy season,love that!!
I love a cozy mystery set somewhere I would like to visit.
The cover is to die for! (Did you see what I did there hehehe,easily amused!!)..It screams Cozy Mystery!!
Within the first twenty or so pages I wanted to cry and hug one of the characters while being well and truly peeved by another one(not telling which one),great start to a series,if I can feel that much in the first few pages I am very positive the rest of the book will be just as great.
 When we meet the main character Lucky she has a lot on her plate,she is taking over her parents soup shop. Lucky is  a very likable ,caring person from the beginning ,  you really want things to go well for her.Of course a dead body at the back of the shop is going to throw up a whole host of problems!!
 We get back history to some of the characters and that filled in any questions I had about them and about why Lucky has come back to her home town. The main characters from this book I hope will be in the next book as it was very enjoyable reading about them esp Lucky's granddad Jack and Sage the chef in the restaurant.I do worry grandpa could die during this series...he is getting on a bit... (fingers crossed he wont)..I would like to see him in future books,he is warm and sweet and I like the idea that Lucky has family around her.Two other family members we hear about a lot are Lucky's parents, amazing people with hearts of gold. This is a book filled with characters you want to know more about.

The story is very well written and I can't fault it any way.. If there was one thing I did not enjoy finding out is that I have to wait a little longer before the next book in the series comes out as this was the first book and published in 2012.  There is a second book in the series coming out this year and is called A Broth of Betrayal.

P.s There are some soup recipies at the back of the book and  a sample of the next book in the series.
To find out more about Connie's books go here :
http://www.conniearchermysteries.com/

2 comments:

  1. Dear Edel ~ Thank you for your blog and wonderful review. You'll be happy to know all the residents of Snowflake will still be there (and a few new ones) in book 2 - A Broth of Betrayal - out on April 2nd! Just FYI - I started a giveaway on Goodreads that will end April 10th. Hope you like "Broth" as much.
    Thanks again!
    ~ Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it Connie!! The characters were so enjoyable to read about. I can't wait to read more about them in the next book.I wish I could enter but it is for all the lucky residents in the US :0)

      Delete