Monday, January 7, 2013

The Diary of A Provincial Lady by E . M Delefield

                                                       The Diary of A Provincial Lady

I knew nothing about this book before I began, so when I finally did read it it was a wonderful surprise!This book was very comical ! This is a diary of a woman trying to run a home and keep her husband and family happy while being at the mercy of her own much feared cook.
In this lady's life there is never enough money to go around, and so ways to cut costs while maintaining a certain way of life is a full time job.
I was chuckling away to myself reading this as our main character has the funniest sarcastic thoughts to herself while maintaining prefect outer calm and dignity .The book was a lot of fun to read and I will def be re-reading this one!
The book is published by Virago and the cover is designed by Cath Kidston. It is beautiful and has a foreword by Jilly Cooper. I highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment