Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Rainy Sunday ,Books and Hot Chocolate

It's a real wet and cold day here in Ireland and there are few things that cause some cheer. Books are the first that come to mind and the second is hot baths and hot chocolate.
I have been reading Christmas at Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons today and it was the perfect read  when it still feels a little Christmasy and the days of spring still feel a little far away.
If you have not read it ,it is a collection of short stories compiled into one book. Each chapter is dedicated to new characters and they are all wonderful even though we are not reading about them for very long.

I just love this cover above.....


My read for tonight is going to be Constable and Toop. The cover has been calling to me from my bookcase and I almost heard it cheer when I picked it up tonight to read :0)
In this book a clerk is trying to find out why haunted houses are losing their ghosts while trying to keep himself safe.
This book won the Blue Peter award in 2012 and really looks like a fun read. This cover is eerily beautiful.

This week I am really in the mood for Cozy Mysteries ,I have been really into them since before Christmas and it has continued into the new year. A list of Cozies and some pictures of the books will be up here tomorrow but for now I will say goodnight and I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
If you have any recommendations for any good books you read lately stick them in the comments below xxxxxxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment