Friday, August 10, 2012

Book Haul....

While shopping this week I was fortunate enough to come across numerous book sales. I was happier then a pig in p**p!!
As I do read so many different books from so many genres I can usually find something that interests me when I am out and about. Thankfully this one particular day I found a good few.Yay!!!!
The first shop I stopped of at was Easons. The Irish bookshop chain.Here I picked up these two:
Sweetly- A retelling of Hansel and Gretel
Looks like perfect summer reading!!!
The next one was at the used bookstore, here I made out like a bandit..Every book 1 euro each.. yay Bargains all round... check out these beauties..

Yet another Little Women look for my library.. I must have about 6 different editions.
I have never read anything by Lawrence before but the blurb at the back of the book really interested me.
These two I may save for the autumn/winter

I have read this before but did not have my own copy of it. Now I do, Yay!!!

I saw this series recommended alot by one of the lovely ladies over at getbookish on youtube. We have similar book tastes so I thought I would give it a go. The entire box set of books 5 euro . Can you say bargain!!!!

The blurb on the back looked great and I don't think P.D James could write a bad book so I got this one.

Again another summer themed book.. Can you tell the weather has got better here.

Yep more summer reading!!!!
Next was a closing down bookshop sale- Here I picked up these.I was so fortunate this month.

The same writer who wrote The House Of Silk, this booked aimed for a younger audience.



How could I resist this book above.
All these stickers that bookshops put on their books drive me mad. Why do this to the books !!!!!!!!!!
It is always near impossible to remove them without damaging the books in some way.


My hardback edition of my favourite book arrived too. 84 Charring Cross Road.



I really enjoy the picture of the bookshop on Charring Cross Road on the back fly leaf. I only wish I had got to visit this place while it was a bookshop .

1 comment: